Denture maintenance is a key part of making sure your dentures function as intended. To help care for your dentures, it is important to practice effective cleaning habits and keep them free of harm. If you are in need of a few tips to help you with your denture maintenance, the following list can assist you:
– Avoid cleaning your dentures with toothpaste, hot water, bleach, teeth whitening gels, or other similar abrasive materials.
– Your dentures are durable but they can be easily damaged, so be careful whenever removing them and never drop them.
– Try to clean your dentures with an acceptable denture-cleaning solution. This includes hand soap, mild dishwashing liquids, and specific denture solutions.
– To avoid contamination, always clean your mouth out before inserting your dentures. In addition, always wash your dentures before placing them back into your mouth. This includes removing any harmful chemicals on their surface by soaking them in plain water.
– Avoid letting your dentures dry out.
– If you damage your dentures, do not try to fix them yourself. If any harm does come to your dentures, visit or dentist.
To help with denture damage, you can schedule a visit with our dentist in Whitaker, Pennsylvania. If you would like Dr. Robert Doyle and our team at Complete Dental Care to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please contact our dentist office by calling us at 412-567-0927. We look forward to improving your smile.